With Booklikes-opoly coming to a close within the next couple of days, this will be my very last game play roll!! And yes, I'm going to try to squeeze in one last roll, one last book, into the game. I thought about just stopping since I wasn't sure how long it would take me to finish another book, but I figure that if I have to, I'd just do a hard stop on July 31st and call it good, whether or not I'm finished reading the last book.
It's sad, because I feel like the most exciting part of this game was the next time we got to roll. It was exciting waiting to see which game space you landed on next, then trying to figure out which books would fit said square.
All good times, definitely!
I wanted to give a great big thank you to Moonlight Reader and Obsidian Blue for all of the work and creativity put into this game, and all the fun-filled three and a half months we've all had playing! You two are so awesome!
Also a big "Whoop!" to everyone playing, cheering each other on, and providing support for book selections when necessary, and generally just making the entire game play experience as entertaining and fun and we could make it!
Anyway, for the previous roll, there was actually a lot of rolling of dice involved.
Roll #33.1 was a doubles roll, and took me to a BL Square, which meant that I had to roll again to determine a BL Task. I ended up getting BL Task #2: "Give $5.00 to another player." Free money was given and my Bank updated accordingly.
Roll #33.2 took me to Free Parking where I had to roll once again to determine which square I would ultimately land on. Rolling an odd number, I landed on Water Works.
I ended up reading Heat Wave, an anthology of contemporary romances that was quite enjoyable, even if kind of mediocre. It took me about five hours to finish reading, on the day that I started reading it--that's actually faster than I'd anticipated. The book has water on the cover to fit the space, and is 320 pages. This is the second time I've landed on this space, so the Second Finish location multiplier was applied, giving this book a $9.00 worth.
Meanwhile, I'm still reading my Free Friday read, Cutting Loose, which I hope to finish before the end of this game so I can collect another $10.00 for this 405 page book.
My Final Roll, Roll #34:
For my very last roll, I snagged a 9 and moved from Water Works to Paradise Pier 31. And, would you look at that, a game space I have never landed on before since the beginning of the game. I suppose I should feel lucky I didn't end up in Jail for my last roll, but I was kind of hoping for another location multiplier.
Last roll! Last roll! Magnetic Monkey and Friends presents, Booklikes-opoly, Ani's Last Roll!
This should have been a party. Where's everyone else?
Anyway, moving right along.
This is a game space that I have actually been hoping to land on for the longest time. Mainly because I've been saving books for specific game spaces, and this one in particular had a specific book I've been wanting to read, but haven't touched yet, even for other squares, because I wanted it to fit for this one.
Yes, I might have gotten a bit particular about my game play.
Cold Memory by Leslie A. Kelly is the newest release and third book for the Extrasensory Agents series. I was quite excited when this book came out, because I didn't think Leslie Kelly was going to continue the series since the most recent installment had been published back in 2011--I figured that maybe she gave up on the series and went back to focusing on contemporary romance.
Anyway, I was also really excited to find out that this book involves a carnival. According to the summary, our main hero Mick was raised in a carnival by his uncle, and in the present, after establishing himself as a paranormal investigator, he returns to that carnival community because members are dying mysteriously.
Cold Memory is 260 pages, Kindle version, and worth $6.00 upon completion. I'm really looking to start reading this book as soon as I finish my Free Friday read, Cutting Loose!
Current Bank: $258
- Roll #1 (4/15): A Perilous Undertaking by Deanna Raybourn / 345 pages = $3.00
- Roll #2 (4/17): The Paris Assignment by Addison Fox / 284 pages = $3.00
- Roll #3 (4/21): False Memory by Dean Koontz // Donated 200 pages ($2.00) to the Jail Library
- Roll #4.1 (4/23): Schoolgirl by DAZAI Osamu / 50 pages = $1.00
- Roll #4.2 (4/23): Don't Look Away by Leslie A. Kelly / 323 pages = $3.00
- Roll #4.3 (4/23): Rolled three doubles, ended up in Jail / 300 pages of sentence to be served // 332 pages read total
- Roll #5 (4/29): The Duchess War by Courtney Milan / 271 pages = $3.00
- Roll #6.1 (4/29): SKIPPED
- Roll #6.2 (4/29): Running Hot by Jayne Ann Krentz / 352 pages = $3.00
- Roll #7 (4/29): Backwoods by Jill Sorenson / 378 pages = $3.00
- Roll #8 (4/29): Before the Storm by Leslie Tentler / 336 pages = $3.00
- Roll #9 (5/9): The Thing About Love by Julie James / 380 pages = $3.00
- Roll #10.1 (5/11): The House at Riverton by Kate Morton / 468 pages = $5.00
- Roll #10.2 (5/11): Two Guys Detective Agency by Stephanie Bond / 255 pages = $3.00
- Roll #11 (5/18): The London Deception by Addison Fox / 282 pages = $3.00
- Roll #12 (5/20): BL Task - Double rewards on next read & share w/ a friend / No book read.
- Roll #13 (5/22): Carnal Innocence by Nora Roberts / 402 pages = $5.00
- Roll #14 (5/27): Obsidian Prey by Jayne Castle / 351 pages = $3.00
- Roll #15 (5/27): The Rome Affair by Addison Fox / 284 pages = $3.00
- Roll #16.1 (5/27): Rumor Has It by Jill Shalvis / 281 pages = $3.00
- Roll #16.2 (5/27): Once a Thief by Kay Hooper / 326 pages = $3.00
- Roll #17 (6/6): The Countess Conspiracy by Courtney Milan / 318 pages = $3.00
- Roll #18 (6/8): Don't Ever Stop by Leslie A. Kelly / 281 pages = $3.00
- Free Friday #1 (6/16): The Suffragette Scandal by Courtney Milan / 322 pages = $6.00
- Roll #19 (6/18): To the Rescue by Jean Barrett / 292 pages = $6.00
- Roll #20.1 (6/22): The Mysterious Twin by Leona Karr / 256 pages = $6.00
- Roll #20.2 (6/22): The Substitute Sister by Lisa Childs / 240 pages = $6.00
- Free Friday #2 (6/23): It Had to Be You by Jill Shalvis / 327 pages = $6.00
- Roll #21 (6/24): The Manhattan Encounter by Addison Fox / 283 pages = $6.00
- Roll #22.1 (6/26): Pushing the Line by Kimberly Kincaid / 122 pages = $4.00
- Roll #22.2 (6/26): Her Wild Hero by Paige Tyler / 334 pages = $6.00
- Roll #23 (6/28): Secret Agent Secretary by Melissa Cutler / 248 pages = $6.00
- Roll #24 (6/30): The Shadowy Horses by Susanna Kearsley / 430 pages = $10.00
- Free Friday #3 (6/30): Tempting Fate by Pamela Clare / 322 pages = $6.00
- Roll #25 (7/4): Driving Heat by Richard Castle / 336 pages = $6.00
- Fourth of July Opt-in (7/4): Night Diver by Elizabeth Lowell / 388 pages = $6.00
- Roll #26 (7/6): Hot on the Hunt by Melissa Cutler / 281 pages = $6.00
- Free Friday #4 (7/7): Ravished by Amanda Quick / 418 pages = $10.00
- Roll #27 (7/8): Fired Up by Jayne Ann Krentz / 403 pages = $10.00
- Roll #28 (7/10): River's End by Nora Roberts / 447 pages = $10.00
- Roll #29.1 (7/14): Northern Lights by Nora Roberts / 562 pages = $15.00
- Roll #29.2 (7/14): Burning Lamp by Amanda Quick / 328 pages = $9.00
- Free Friday #5 (7/14): The Law of Attraction by N.M. Silber / DNF @ 63 pgs = $2.00
- Roll #30 (7/20): The Pretender by Celeste Bradley / 384 pages = $6.00
- Free Friday #6 (7/21): Midnight Crystal by Jayne Castle / 371 pages = $6.00
- Roll #31 (7/22): Always on My Mind by Jill Shalvis / 318 pages = $6.00
- Roll #32 (7/25): On the Loose by Tara Janzen / 403 pages = $15.00
- Roll #33.1 (7/27): BL Task - "Give another player $5.00" = -$5.00
- Roll #33.2 (7/27): Heat Wave anthology (Bond, Kelly, Betts) / 320 pages = $9.00
- Free Friday #7 (7/28): Cutting Loose by Tara Janzen / 405 pages = $10.00 pending
- Roll #34 (7/29): Cold Memory by Leslie A. Kelly / 260 pages = $6.00 pending