I was hoping to hit the library today to pick up a few books for series I really want to keep reading, and hopefully catch up with or finish this year. But that didn't happen, so I made a few adjustments to my reading decisions.
For my Roll #26, I finally decided to read Hot on the Hunt by Melissa Cutler, which is 281 pages, worth $6.00. This was supposed to have been my 3rd Free Friday choice last week... but under the circumstances of an auto-buy author releasing a new book, I made some last minute changes.
Aside from the ocean in on the cover, after reading the first two chapters, it seems that the book opens up on the Virgin Islands in the Caribbean Sea. I hope that means the rest of the book will take place there, but as a Military-type Rom Suspense, travel is always a possibility.
Well, that will work out to fit New Orleans Square 21, for either having a setting on an island, or the ocean on the cover!
Now, I will at least be able to finish this trilogy and move on! I'm counting it as an accomplishment, for one, and I've very much enjoyed the first two books in this series, so I'm going into this last one with some high hopes.
For my 4th Free Friday Read, I will be reading Ravished by Amanda Quick. For no other reason than, just because I want to.
I like Amanda Quick, and always breeze through her books. Even at 418 pages, I'm sure I'll be completing it pretty soon. And if not, I have until next Friday! Ravished will be worth $10.00.
Still working on Night Diver by Elizabeth Lowell from my 4th of July Optional BL Challenge. I'm starting to wonder if those first few Elizabeth Lowell books I read nearly two, maybe three years ago (Donovans series, Rarities Unlimited) were it for me. I haven't really found anything else of hers that I have really enjoyed since.
This book would probably be a DNF if not for the fact that I kind of DO want to know how it ends. Cursed stubbornness...
Current Bank: $153
- Roll #1 (4/15): A Perilous Undertaking by Deanna Raybourn / 345 pages = $3.00
- Roll #2 (4/17): The Paris Assignment by Addison Fox / 284 pages = $3.00
- Roll #3 (4/21): False Memory by Dean Koontz // Donated 200 pages ($2.00) to the Jail Library
- Roll #4.1 (4/23): Schoolgirl by DAZAI Osamu / 50 pages = $1.00
- Roll #4.2 (4/23): Don't Look Away by Leslie A. Kelly / 323 pages = $3.00
- Roll #4.3 (4/23): Rolled three doubles, ended up in Jail / 300 pages of sentence to be served // 332 pages read total
- Roll #5 (4/29): The Duchess War by Courtney Milan / 271 pages = $3.00
- Roll #6.1 (4/29): SKIPPED
- Roll #6.2 (4/29): Running Hot by Jayne Ann Krentz / 352 pages = $3.00
- Roll #7 (4/29): Backwoods by Jill Sorenson / 378 pages = $3.00
- Roll #8 (4/29): Before the Storm by Leslie Tentler / 336 pages = $3.00
- Roll #9 (5/9): The Thing About Love by Julie James / 380 pages = $3.00
- Roll #10.1 (5/11): The House at Riverton by Kate Morton / 468 pages = $5.00
- Roll #10.2 (5/11): Two Guys Detective Agency by Stephanie Bond / 255 pages = $3.00
- Roll #11 (5/18): The London Deception by Addison Fox / 282 pages = $3.00
- Roll #12 (5/20): BL Task - Double rewards on next read & share w/ a friend / No book read.
- Roll #13 (5/22): Carnal Innocence by Nora Roberts / 402 pages = $5.00
- Roll #14 (5/27): Obsidian Prey by Jayne Castle / 351 pages = $3.00
- Roll #15 (5/27): The Rome Affair by Addison Fox / 284 pages = $3.00
- Roll #16.1 (5/27): Rumor Has It by Jill Shalvis / 281 pages = $3.00
- Roll #16.2 (5/27): Once a Thief by Kay Hooper / 326 pages = $3.00
- Roll #17 (6/6): The Countess Conspiracy by Courtney Milan / 318 pages = $3.00
- Roll #18 (6/8): Don't Ever Stop by Leslie A. Kelly / 281 pages = $3.00
- Free Friday #1 (6/16): The Suffragette Scandal by Courtney Milan / 322 pages = $6.00
- Roll #19 (6/18): To the Rescue by Jean Barrett / 292 pages = $6.00
- Roll #20.1 (6/22): The Mysterious Twin by Leona Karr / 256 pages = $6.00
- Roll #20.2 (6/22): The Substitute Sister by Lisa Childs / 240 pages = $6.00
- Free Friday #2 (6/23): It Had to Be You by Jill Shalvis / 327 pages = $6.00
- Roll #21 (6/24): The Manhattan Encounter by Addison Fox / 283 pages = $6.00
- Roll #22.1 (6/26): Pushing the Line by Kimberly Kincaid / 122 pages = $4.00
- Roll #22.2 (6/26): Her Wild Hero by Paige Tyler / 334 pages = $6.00
- Roll #23 (6/28): Secret Agent Secretary by Melissa Cutler / 248 pages = $6.00
- Roll #24 (6/30): The Shadowy Horses by Susanna Kearsley / 430 pages = $10.00
- Free Friday #3 (6/30): Tempting Fate by Pamela Clare / 322 pages = $6.00
- Roll #25 (7/4): Driving Heat by Richard Castle / 336 pages = $6.00 pending
- Fourth of July Opt-in (7/4): Night Diver by Elizabeth Lowell / 388 pages = $6.00 pending
- Roll #26 (7/6): Hot on the Hunt by Melissa Cutler / 281 pages = $6.00 pending
- Free Friday #4 (7/7): Ravished by Amanda Quick / 418 pages = $10.00 pending