You would think a book as short and fast-paced as Don't Ever Stop wouldn't take long to read... but when Real Life clashes with Reading Life, things tend to get side-lined. As I'd stated in a previous post, my little brother's wedding has come and gone, and the few days surrounding this event seemed like nothing but hectic activity. There were relatives from out of town to entertain, there were a lot of last minute preparations for the wedding day, then there was the full-day event of the wedding day itself.
Truth be told, weddings are definitely very happy, wonderful, yet exhausting occasions. Everyone's been pretty tired, and since I had to head right back to work the next night after the wedding, I think my body got quite worn out. Days later, my feet are still sore; and needless to say, I got very little reading done.
|Congratulations to the happy couple!|
|In this picture, they are feeding each other seafood soup. I can vouch that it was delicious!|
Anyway, after hijacking my own Booklikes-opoly update post for a bit of rambling news, onto the actual Booklikes-opoly update post!
First of all, I still haven't finished Don't Ever Stop by Leslie A. Kelly, the book from my most recent Roll #18. It's not that it's a bad book or anything, on the contrary, it's starting to get interesting. But there have been so much going on (see above), that reading has been the last thing on my mind.
But now with relatives all gone back home, and life getting back to its normal scheduling, I think I can finally settle back into my usual routine.
The rules have been tweaked, which means a lot of things, all of which you can find at the above linky that I will keep on all of my BLopoly update posts now. Just like that (see above--all the way above to beginning of the post). Or you could just click here since the first half of my post is a bit long.
Anyway, aside from doubling cash rewards, a location multiplier, and the opportunity to spend cash for extra rolls, Moonlight has also given us Free Book Friday:
Fourth is free book Friday. Regardless of the square you are on, you get a free choice on the next seven Fridays to read anything.
And basically, how this works is as follows:
Free Friday books are independent of the square, and are a way to earn a few extra dollars. They do not count towards the location multiplier!
They do not have to be finished on Friday, they just have to be started on Friday. They can be finished on any day of the week. However, you can only have one Free Friday book going at a given time, so if the player hasn't finished the preceding Friday's free book, they don't get to start a new one.
So... just another way of making some extra reward money! Yay!
I was going to wait until the next Friday to start my Free Book, seeing as how I've got two books going right now, and having some trouble concentrating on reading with all the real life activities going on. But I figured, you know, it wouldn't hurt to go ahead and start a new book today to get the ball rolling.
Worst case scenario is that I don't finish it by next Friday and have to skip next Friday's free book.
So after some thought about what I wanted to read, I decided to get started on the last book in the Brothers Sinister series, which will successfully fulfill my Read a Series in a Month Challenge for June.
What better book to start my Free Friday read than a book with an MC named Free! Well, Frederica Marshall, who goes by the nickname "Free," but who's splitting hairs?
And to be totally honest, with this book, I'm almost certain I will finish it before next Friday... unfortunately, that means I don't know how badly that will interfere with me trying to finish up my current Blopoly book, Don't Ever Stop.
We'll just play by ear.
The Suffragette Scandal by Courtney Milan is 322 pages. And according to the new Game Shake Up rules, since all money awards have been doubled, this book will be worth $6.00! If I finish this book before my regular BLopoly book, that will bring my Bank Balance to $82.00!
Current Bank: $76.00
- Roll #1 (4/15): A Perilous Undertaking by Deanna Raybourn / 345 pages = $3.00
- Roll #2 (4/17): The Paris Assignment by Addison Fox / 284 pages = $3.00
- Roll #3 (4/21): False Memory by Dean Koontz // Donated 200 pages ($2.00) to the Jail Library
- Roll #4.1 (4/23): Schoolgirl by DAZAI Osamu / 50 pages = $1.00
- Roll #4.2 (4/23): Don't Look Away by Leslie A. Kelly / 323 pages = $3.00
- Roll #4.3 (4/23): Rolled three doubles, ended up in Jail / 300 pages of sentence to be served // 332 pages read total
- Roll #5 (4/29): The Duchess War by Courtney Milan / 271 pages = $3.00
- Roll #6.1 (4/29): SKIPPED
- Roll #6.2 (4/29): Running Hot by Jayne Ann Krentz / 352 pages = $3.00
- Roll #7 (4/29): Backwoods by Jill Sorenson / 378 pages = $3.00
- Roll #8 (4/29): Before the Storm by Leslie Tentler / 336 pages = $3.00
- Roll #9 (5/9): The Thing About Love by Julie James / 380 pages = $3.00
- Roll #10.1 (5/11): The House at Riverton by Kate Morton / 468 pages = $5.00
- Roll #10.2 (5/11): Two Guys Detective Agency by Stephanie Bond / 255 pages = $3.00
- Roll #11 (5/18): The London Deception by Addison Fox / 282 pages = $3.00
- Roll #12 (5/20): BL Task - Double rewards on next read & share w/ a friend / No book read.
- Roll #13 (5/22): Carnal Innocence by Nora Roberts / 402 pages = $5.00
- Roll #14 (5/27): Obsidian Prey by Jayne Castle / 351 pages = $3.00
- Roll #15 (5/27): The Rome Affair by Addison Fox / 284 pages = $3.00
- Roll #16.1 (5/27): Rumor Has It by Jill Shalvis / 281 pages = $3.00
- Roll #16.2 (5/27): Once a Thief by Kay Hooper / 326 pages = $3.00
- Roll #17 (6/6): The Countess Conspiracy by Courtney Milan / 318 pages = $3.00
- Roll #18 (6/8): Don't Ever Stop by Leslie A. Kelly / 281 pages = $3.00 pending
- Free Friday #1 (6/16): The Suffragette Scandal by Courtney Milan / 322 pages = $6.00 pending