Roll #13 landed me on Adventureland 27, where I read a book by an author whose initials can be found in the name 'Tarzan.' Carnal Innocence by Nora Roberts is clocked at 402 pages according to my Kindle book (even though anywhere else I look, it says 512 pages); either way, it is worth a $5.00 cash reward. Along with the doubled rewards bonus I get from my Roll #12 when I landed on a BL Square, I earn an extra $5.00, which goes to Portable Magic now that I'm finished with the book.
This brings my Bank Balance to $61.00!
So Carnal Innocence took a lot longer to finish than I had expected. And to be honest, I'm not entirely sure how I feel about this book, because while it was extremely slow-going, pretty much perfectly mirroring that slow, lazy, southern lifestyle that our MC, Tucker radiates, it was also kind of fun. The humor was apt, and that strange conversational, round about way of talking that every character presented was also interesting.
Unfortunately, it sure didn't feel like there was a serial killer in the background.
Fortunately, less than 50% into the book, we are introduced to Useless, a little puppy who is super adorable and could give the human MCs a run! Oh, and the book DID manage to pick up a little bit, even if the progress still felt a big dragged out.
And now moving onto my Roll #16:
While this book was read for Roll #13, per Moonlight Reader, every player gets to roll two additional times in celebration of Memorial Day and the long weekend. Here are the deets to my additional rolls that I already took. These rolls brought me around to finally land on Frontierland 1, so I will move forward from here for my next game play roll. Since my last regular roll was on 5/22, I'm quite overdue for another roll, and if the same game play rules are in play as they were from Dewey's Read-a-Thon extra rolls, I still get my regular roll on top of the extra rolls for Memorial Day extra rolls.
Roll #16.1: (because apparently Doubles are a thing in this game)
I ended up rolling a Double 5 = 10, which took me from Frontierland 1 to Main Street 10.
Looks like Monkey's friends have all taken off. Not much of a party, man... But I suppose to continue the celebration, Monkey has resorted to doing tricks. Oh, and looks like Keychain Puppy is still hanging around, though! Hello!! **waves**
Meanwhile, Roll #16.2:
Because of the doubles roll, I rolled again and got a 5, taking me from Main Street 10 to Luxury Tax, which states: "Read a book where someone gets married, with jewelry on the cover, or where any character is a millionaire/billionaire!"
Peek-a-boo! Silly Penni Penguin!
Well... This weekend sure has become quite exciting! I'm loving all these interesting new twists and extra freebie rolls for the game!
I sort of have an idea of what I will be reading for each space, including for the extra rolls from my earlier post. I will finalize my book selections and then create an update post later today.
Happy reading everyone, and hope you guys are having a great weekend!
Current Bank: $61.00
- Roll #1 (4/15): A Perilous Undertaking by Deanna Raybourn / 345 pages = $3.00
- Roll #2 (4/17): The Paris Assignment by Addison Fox / 284 pages = $3.00
- Roll #3 (4/21): False Memory by Dean Koontz // Donated 200 pages ($2.00) to the Jail Library
- Roll #4 (4/23): Rolled three doubles, ended up in Jail. / Total of $4.00 Earned
- Roll #5 (4/29): The Duchess War by Courtney Milan / 271 pages = $3.00
- Roll #6.1 (4/29): SKIPPED
- Roll #6.2 (4/29): Running Hot by Jayne Ann Krentz / 352 pages = $3.00
- Roll #7 (4/29): Backwoods by Jill Sorenson / 378 pages = $3.00
- Roll #8 (4/29): Before the Storm by Leslie Tentler / 336 pages = $3.00
- Roll #9 (5/9): The Thing About Love by Julie James / 380 pages = $3.00
- Roll #10.1 (5/11): The House at Riverton by Kate Morton / 468 pages = $5.00
- Roll #10.2 (5/11): Two Guys Detective Agency by Stephanie Bond / 255 pages = $3.00
- Roll #11 (5/18): The London Deception by Addison Fox / 282 pages = $3.00
- Roll #12 (5/20): BL Task - Double rewards on next read & share w/ a friend / No book read.
- Roll #13 (5/22): Carnal Innocence by Nora Roberts / 402 pages = $5.00
- Roll #16.1 (5/27): TBA
- Roll #16.2 (5/27): TBA