For my previous roll, Roll #12 on 5/20, I rolled a 3 and landed on the BL Square. A further roll netted me BL Task 11, which read: Read for two! The rewards for your next book are doubled - and half of the money goes to another player of your choice!
According to the rules, I did not get to read for this square, so the doubled rewards will go to the book I get from today's roll! And let me tell you, as much fun as I've been having will rolling the dice for my next move, without a book to read for Booklikes-opoly, I felt kind of lost, and the wait until the next roll felt like it was going on forever!
Meanwhile, however, I was actually able to finish reading a non-challenge related book and it felt kind of good, to be honest. Okay, that was a lie. The book I read was totally for another challenge, even if for a more personal challenge that I'm frankly just using as a way to make myself finish reading series. I'm totally not taking that personal series challenge too seriously-ish. But it still felt good to get some reading done that I've been trying to get to since the beginning of this year.
I wasn't sure how I wanted to choose who to share my rewards with, so I was thinking about doing a random roll or something. Ultimately, however, I decided to skim the game posts and the Bank Balances, and see if there was someone who could maybe use a little boost, even if a tiny one.
After some deliberation, I decided on Portable Magic! It looks like the game's been kind of slow-going for her due to baseball season and all, so hopefully this will help give a small boost. I know it's not much, but wanted to be helpful. To Portable Magic, I will send you a private message in case you don't see this update, and then will let you know when I finally finish my book and have money to share so we can both cash in!
And now moving onto my Roll #13:
So I got so obsessed with the dice roller app on my phone that I found myself playing with it at random moments. I mean, you can tap it, shake it, or swipe, and it will roll! So rather than going back to Random.org to do my roll, this time I decided to switch things up a bit and use the app.
Doesn't it look kind of cool? I played with the background, the color of the dice, even gave it a metallic shine! Ahem...
So, I rolled a 7, which takes me from the BL Square to Adventureland 27.
Magnetic Monkey: "Is this where Teddy Bear is supposed to go?"
Monkey might be a bit of a diva, being all up on my game board, but at least he's helpful.
For the book, it took a bit of a search until I realized that Nora Roberts would totally fit this game space. There were several books that had trees on the cover, but I think I was more interested in reading another Romantic Suspense.
I went ahead and checked out two books from the e-book library so I could get started on reading immediately.
Carnal Innocence is 402 pages on the Kindle version, just enough pages to get me a $5.00 cash reward! The Obsession is 464 pages on the Kindle version, which would also be $5.00. Truthfully, I had wanted to read River's End, but it just so happens to have already been checked out, so maybe I'll just leave it for the next time I land on Frontierland 4 and need a book title that can spell 'River.'
I'm leaning more towards Carnal Innocence, so that is what I will probably end up reading, but I'm going to give both a short sample go and see which one draws me in more.
Either way, I will be earning a double reward based on my previous roll wherein the BL Task I got allows me to share half the reward with another player, that player being Portable Magic. Once again, I will make sure to let you know when I've finished the book so we can both collect on the $5.00! I know it's not much, but hopefully it'll help,
Current Bank: $56.00
- Roll #1 (4/15): A Perilous Undertaking by Deanna Raybourn / 345 pages = $3.00
- Roll #2 (4/17): The Paris Assignment by Addison Fox / 284 pages = $3.00
- Roll #3 (4/21): False Memory by Dean Koontz // Donated 200 pages ($2.00) to the Jail Library
- Roll #4 (4/23): Rolled three doubles, ended up in Jail. / Total of $4.00 Earned
- Roll #5 (4/29): The Duchess War by Courtney Milan / 271 pages = $3.00
- Roll #6.1 (4/29): SKIPPED
- Roll #6.2 (4/29): Running Hot by Jayne Ann Krentz / 352 pages = $3.00
- Roll #7 (4/29): Backwoods by Jill Sorenson / 378 pages = $3.00
- Roll #8 (4/29): Before the Storm by Leslie Tentler / 336 pages = $3.00
- Roll #9 (5/9): The Thing About Love by Julie James / 380 pages = $3.00
- Roll #10.1 (5/11): The House at Riverton by Kate Morton / 468 pages = $5.00
- Roll #10.2 (5/11): Two Guys Detective Agency by Stephanie Bond / 255 pages = $3.00
- Roll #11 (5/18): The London Deception by Addison Fox / 282 pages = $3.00
- Roll #12 (5/20): BL Task - Double rewards on next read & share w/ a friend / No book read.