March wasn't what I wanted it to be in all aspects of goals. Specifically, I keep telling myself to start my personal goals and work on my personal goals... but those personal goals can be a bit of a bitch. I also lost my mp3 player a couple months ago and have since lost some motivation to go to the gym... yeah, I know it's a flimsy excuse, but my lazy ass will use anything to allow myself to just be lazy, I guess.
HOWEVER, I am looking to replace my mp3 player in the next couple days, which will give me no more excuses! I hope.
Everything else was kind of okay and kind of meh. Blogging was a little scattered because I started a new project self-entitled, "Let's Create More Work For Myself By Building a Brand New Book Blog!!" I might be a little obsessed with organization right now.
Reading-wise, I got stuck on a slow-going book and have since been hemming and hawing about reading said slow-going book, or dumping it and moving on. I hate dropping books, but this is just plain ridiculous.
Running Total: 6 Top Ten Tuesday posts written
- January: 3 Top Ten Tuesday posts written
- February: 2 Top Ten Tuesday posts written
- March: 1 TTTs written
- 2 - Continue to post Monthly Reading Wrap-ups... with a slightly less overwhelmingly bulky form.
- 3 - Create and try to maintain a blogging schedule.
- January: Lots of out-of-control, lots of colors. See January update for more info.
- February: No pictures this time. Just know that things are continuing to get more chaotic.
- March: The fact that I'm still keeping up with this blogging schedule could mean one of two things:
-- I'm doing very well in my blogging goal endeavors -OR-
-- I seem to enjoy chaotically and colorful controlling itineraries for my reading life a little too much.
- Bonus Goal - Attempt participating in at least two other monthly/weekly bookish memes.
- Cover Crush on Thursdays:
See Also: 2016 Bookish Resolutions shelf
- 1 - Finish reading 10 completed series that I have already started reading.
I finished one series this month and worked on finishing another already completed series with The Wavering of Haruhi Suzumiya--four more books to go on this one. Otherwise, I feel great having completed the Reboot duology since it's been such a long time since I'd read that first book.
Running Total: 3 completed series finished reading
- January: 1 series finished
- February: 1 series finished
- March: 1 series finished
Reboot by Amy Tintera -- Completed 3/9/2016
Already Read: Reboot
#2: Rebel -- 3/9/2016
- 2 - Catch up with 5 ongoing series that I have already started reading.
It took me long enough, but it looks like I've finally caught up with one ongoing series I've been reading pre-2016. I haven't seen any other Cindy Gerard books slated for publication this year, so I guess it'll be a waiting game for the time to come.
The next series I'm looking to work on finishing up is going to either be KGI by Maya Banks (with two books left to finish reading), or maybe I'll try and catch up with one of the two ongoing Paige Tyler paranormal romantic suspense series, either X-Ops (with two more books to catch up with) or SWAT (also with two more books to catch up with).
Running Total: 1 ongoing series caught up with
- January: 0 series finished
- February: 0 series finished
- March: 1 series caught up
One-Eyed Jacks by Cindy Gerard -- Completed 3/25/2016
Already Read: Killing Time, The Way Home, Running Blind
#4: Taking Fire -- 3/25/2016 -- Review to come
- 3 - Read 5 completed series that are new to me.
There were no new series completed this month. Bummer.
Running Total: 1 new to me completed series read
- January: 1 series finished
- February: 0 series read
- March: 0 series read
-- GOAL COMPLETED -- 1/10/2016 --
Running Total = 2
- January: Participated in Bout of Books Read-a-thon
- February: There really weren't any read-a-thons I was interested in participating in. Maybe next time.
- March: Here we have a second read-a-thon that seemed interesting. And I thought I wouldn't do another one for a while. Participated in 24 Hour Take Control TBR Pile
24 Hour Take Control TBR Pile Read-a-thon: March 12, 2016
24 Hour Take Control TBR Pile Read-a-thon -- Participation Post
- 5 - Pick up at least 10 new to me authors (books not pre-listed for my 2016 Reading Assignment Challenge).
Running Total: 8 new-to-me authors read
- January: 3 new-to-me authors read
- February: 3 new-to-me authors read
- March: 2 new-to-me authors read
Author name // Book(s) Read
*novella is part of the Behind the Red Doors anthology -- entire book finished 3/1/2016, even though this particular novella was read in February
- 6 - Accomplish my 2016 Mount TBR Reading Challenge goals. Tackle those books already on my shelves pre-2016!
Running Total: 15 Mt. TBR books read
- January: 6 books read
- February: 5 books read
- March: 4 books read
4. The Edge of Night by Jill Sorenson -- 3/29/2016
See also My 2016 Mount TBR Challenge summary post for complete listing.
- 1 - Clock at least 2 hours of cardio workout each month.
Running Total: 2.42 hours cardio
- January: 0 hours cardio clocked
- February: 2.42 hours cardio clocked
- March: 0 hours cardio
There was no cardio done. But it's only March and I've got even bigger goals amidst these proclaimed goals. We will continue to persevere!!
- 2 - Attempt to work out at least twice a week. Failing that, attempt to work out at least 8 times a month (which will be met if I can get my lazy ass to work out at least twice a week).
Running Total: 3.5 times worked out
- January: 0 times worked out
- February: 1 time worked out
- March: 2.5 times worked out
Okay, technically I didn't really go to the gym or anything. But during my random and sparse mornings of stretching exercises, I have been throwing in some crunches of various forms, some other core exercises, maybe a minute or two of planks, and some squats. So, spread out into different days, all added together, I guesstimated that I at least did enough little semi-workouts enough to add up to 2.5 times.
Sounds legit, right?
- 3 - Learn 12 new recipes. Actually make said recipes. And take pictures. For evidence.
Apparently cooking is not my thing right now.
Yearly Total: 1 new recipe
- January: 1 new recipe learned // Tomato Basil Soup
- February: 0 new recipes
- March: 0 new recipes
- Bonus Goal - Be better at being sociable, in general.
I'm going to die alone. That is the conclusion I have come to.
Previous Update Posts