2016 Mount TBR Reading Challenge

hosted by

My Reader's Block

I'm going to try my luck with this reading challenge again.  My goal for 2015 had been Mt. Ararat (read 48 books from your tbr pile/s).  I believe I got a little over halfway through and didn't even make it to Mt. Vancouver (read 36 books from your tbr pile/s).

Challenge Levels:
Mt. Kilimanjaro: Read 60 books from your TBR pile/s
El Toro: Read 75 books from your TBR pile/s
Mt. Everest: Read 100 books from your TBR pile/s
Mount Olympus (Mars): Read 150+ books from your TBR pile/s

Basically, the rules are simple:  We are to read whatever books acquired and owned prior to January 1, 2016.  Library books do not count.  The goal is to focus on tackling our already bulging book shelves, whether physical or digital, reading as many of these books as possible.

For more details click on the sign up post above.

Goals and Progress

Since I failed so spectacularly in 2015, I'm going to downgrade a little bit and choose one level lower than I did for 2015, then work my way up.  For a fact, of the books I own, 30 of them are also part of my 2016 Reading Assignment Challenge.  And then from there, there are several books more that I absolutely want to read.

I have confidence that I will at least make my first goal and then try to climb further upwards as I go.

Goal:

Mt. Vancouver: Read 36 books from your TBR pile/s

My Progress:  15/36  (last updated:  3/29/2016)

• Pikes Peak reached on 3/1/2016
  • Mount Blanc in 9 more books
  • Mount Vancouver in 21 more books -- Main Goal

Books Read

See Also: Booklikes shelf / Goodreads shelf

Book covers in this section will link to my book review if I write one.  To access other information on these books, go to either of my two shelves above where I will also be keeping track of each book I read for this challenge as I complete them.

• January // 6 Mt. TBR books read

The Carriage House by Carla Neggers

The Wavering of Haruhi Suzumiya by Nagaru Tanigawa

The Edge of Night by Jill Sorenson

Possible Books To Read

There are several books I already own that I know I will be reading in 2016 due to other reading challenges (i.e. 2016 Reading Assignment Challenge, as stated already), as well as several books I really, really want to make time for and really, really hope I will be reading.

The books shown here are only a random select portion of all the books I actually own, but they are the books I'm most confident I will get around to reading.  Which means that I don't brush off the fact that other books I already own might end up being read even if I hadn't intended to do so.

And we all know this list also doesn't include any books I may purchase between now and January 1, 2016...

Book covers in this section link to their Goodreads page, and I will move each book to the "Books Read" section above as I complete them.

• Pre-chosen for 2016 Reading Assignment Challenge:

• Other Books I Own, pre-2016, and want to read:

• Anthologies:

• Audio Books:

In Summary

I'm looking forward to seeing how well I manage this challenge this year.  It is my greatest hope that I can at least achieve the first goal I'm setting (read 36 books from my tbr pile/s), because as we can all see, I have more than plenty of books to choose from for this particular challenge.

I will increase my goal as I go, although it's hard to say what will actually happen.  After all, I also had more than enough books to choose from on my shelves and still managed to randomly buy new books or squeeze some library runs into my reading list.  There are always more books out there that I end up wanting to read and, as usual, I am at the mercy of my reading mood, spending binges, and etc....