I had a lot of fun with the 2015 Reading Assignment Challenge. This was one of my favorite Reading Challenges in the 2015 year for so many reasons:
- There was an immense sense of accomplishment as I met my reading goal each month, even if it was only 4 books a month.
- Again, another great sense of accomplishment having stuck to a reading list and seeing myself through it.
- I picked up a few new books and new authors I'd been wanting to read, but never managed to make time for in the past. While some were pretty mediocre, I've come to find some authors I will continue to follow.
- I finished a few series' last books I'd been putting off for at least two years because I was never motivated to finish said series. While those were a bit of a struggle, I feel kind of good having finished them.
For 2016, Michelle and Berls have tweaked the Reading Assignment Challenge rules just a little bit, but some things will still be the same:
- Make a list of books and stick with it for this challenge for the year.
- Commit to reading the number of books for the level you have chosen for each month and ONLY read that number of books from the pre-made list.
Reading Level 1:
12 books (1 book/month)
Reading Level 2:
24 books (2 books/month)
Reading Level 3:
36 books (3 books/month)
Reading Level 4:
48 books (4 books/month)
This year, there will be no more talk of Extra Credits or Passes. Instead, the challenge will be separated into four quarters and each quarter will be a new start to receiving a new grade, with the same list of books you have pre-picked for 2016.
Quarterly Grading System
- I made an A! Read all your books all three months of the quarter.
- I made a B! Read all your books for two months of the quarter.
- I made a C! Read all your books for one month of the quarter.
- I made an F! Didn’t read all your books during any months of the quarter.
Also, our lovely hosts have included a one time chance to exchange out a month's worth of Reading Assignment books at midpoint (based on Reading Level). So, after June, if I feel as if I don't want to read certain books anymore, I can change out 1 book if I choose Reading Level 1, or up to 4 books if I choose Reading Level 4.
For more details, visit the 2016 Reading Assignment Challenge sign up post at the beginning of this post.
My Goal and Progress/Updates:
Reading Level 4: 48 books (4 books/month)
Progress: (last updated on: 7/3/2016)
24 books read // 6 months completed
My Third Quarterly Report Card post (coming soon)
My Fourth (Final) Quarterly Report Card post (coming soon)
My 2016 Reading Assignment Book List:
-- List was finalized on 12/16/2015
-- Updated on 7/3/2016 for midyear swap out
Also See Ani's Shelf on BookLikes: 2016 Reading Assignment Challenge
And Also See: Goodreads Shelf 2016 Reading Assignment Challenge
This list is in order by author's last name and not the order in which I will be reading these books.
1. Beg for Mercy (Dead Wrong #1) by Jami Alden
2. The Green-Eyed Doll by Jerrie Alexander | February
3. A Vision of Fire (Earthend Saga #1) by Gillian Anderson and Jeff Rovin | March
4. The Wide-Awake Princess (The Wide-Awake Princess #1) by E.D. Baker | January
5. All Fall Down (Hostage Negotiation Team #1) by Julie Bellon Coulter
6. Written in Red (The Others #1) by Ann Bishop | May
7. In Deep Voodoo (Voodoo in Mojo #1) by Stephanie Bond
8. Voodoo or Die (Voodoo in Mojo #2) by Stephanie Bond
9. Where Angels Rest (Mann Family #1) by Kate Brady | April
10. Where Evil Waits (Mann Family #2) by Kate Brady | April
11. Crash and Burn (Moreno & Hart #1) by Allison Brennan and Laura Griffin
12. Prince Joe (Tall, Dark & Dangerous #1) by Suzanne Brockmann | May
13. Forever Blue (Tall, Dark & Dangerous #2) by Suzanne Brockmann | May
14. The Hanover Square Affair (Captain Lacey #1) by Ashley Gardner
15. The Perfect Husband (Quincy & Rainie #1) by Lisa Gardner | April
16. The Way Home (One-Eyed Jacks #2) by Cindy Gerard | January
17. Running Blind (One-Eyed Jacks #3) by Cindy Gerard | February
18. Far Gone by Laura Griffin
19. Followed by Frost by Charlie N. Holmberg | January
20. Enemy Mine (Antiquities Hunters #1) by Kay Hooper
21. The Haviland Touch (Antiquities Hunters #2) by Kay Hooper
22. Unhinged (Splintered #2) by A.G. Howard | SWAPPED OUT
23. Ensnared (Splintered #3) by A.G. Howard | SWAPPED OUT
24. Veil of Night by Linda Howard | July
25. Hidden Huntress (The Malediction Trilogy #2) by Danielle L. Jensen | SWAPPED OUT
26. These Broken Stars (Starbound #1) by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner | May
27. Kalahari (Corpus #3) by Jessica Khoury | July
28. Icebound by Dean Koontz
29. Kinslayer (The Lotus War #2) by Jay Kristoff | June
30. Endsinger (The Lotus War #3) by Jay Kristoff | August
31. Dark Triumph (His Fair Assassin #2) by Robin LaFevers
32. Mortal Heart (His Fair Assassin #3) by Robin LaFevers
33. Scarlett Undercover by Jennifer Latham | February
34. Butterfly Swords (Tang Dynasty #1) by Jeannie Lin | February
35. Whirlpool by Elizabeth Lowell
36. Maddy's Floor (Psychic Visions #3) by Dale Mayer | June
37. Un Lun Dun by China Mieville
38. Carriage House (Carriage House #1) by Carla Neggers | March
39. Hanover House (The Hanover House Chronicles #0.5) by Brenda Novak | June
40. Second Sight (Arcane Society #1) by Amanda Quick | June
41. Silent in the Grave (Lady Julie Grey #1) by Deanna Raybourn | April
42. A Curious Beginning (Veronica Speedwell #1) by Deanna Raybourn
43. The Witness by Nora Roberts
44. Deadly Strain (Biological Response Team #1) by Julie Rowe | January
45. Mindwalker (Mindwalker #1) by A.J. Steiger | SWAPPED OUT
46. Delicious by Sherry Thomas
47. Rebel (Reboot #2) by Amy Tintera | March
48. Transparent (Transparent #1) by Natalie Whipple | March
Books Swapped In:
-- My Lady, My Lord (Twist #1) by Katharine Ashe
-- Chill Factor by Sandra Brown
-- Confessions (Battling McGuire Boys #1) by Cynthia Eden
-- Sleep With the Lights On (Brown and de Luca #1) by Maggie Shayne
This year I have chosen as many books I currently own as I could, dependent on my mood, of course. So hopefully this reading challenge will also help me whittle down my TBR shelves even if I keep adding new books every few days (freebies and discounts and compulsive book buying, oh my!).
Wish me luck!