(November 7)

Updates

on 11/07/2018
Task 4 completed; other tasks in progress.  Book task with options.

Task 1

Share a picture of your favorite light display.

This task under consideration.

Task 2

Cleaning is a big part of this holiday; choose one of your shelves, real or virtual, and tidy / organise it. Give us the before and after photos.  OR Tidy up 5 of the books on your BookLikes shelves by adding the CORRECT cover, and/or any other missing information.
(If in doubt, see here: http://jenn.booklikes.com/post/1782687/state-of-the-database-booklikes-database-halloween-bingo-and-a-mini-rant-with-pictures).

This task is also under consideration.

I've had a 'To-do' list involving tidying up my bookshelves and my closet for a couple years now... and it has never actually happened.  I try to purge my shelves of old books that will go in the donation bin to make room for new books... so I might complete this task.  I might now.  I'm going to play by mood for this task.

Task 3

Eating sweets is also a big part of Diwali. Either select a recipe for a traditional sweet, or make a family favorite and share a picture with us.

I'm a big fan of sweets.  We will definitely come up with something for this one!  =D

Task 4

During Diwali, people pray to the goddess Lakhshmi, who is typically depicted as a beautiful young woman holding a lotus flower.  Find 5 books on your shelves (either physical or virtual) whose covers show a young woman holding a flower and share their cover images.
-- Completed on 11/07/2018

You would think that, being a reader of romance, I'd be able to readily find five books with a young woman holding a flower (or flowers) on the cover.  So imagine my surprise when I realized that most of the books on my shelves, both physical and digital, as well as the majority of the books I've read, have more covers with women holding anything and everything but flowers.

Even my Goodreads To Read shelf (books I may not necessarily own) is sorely lacking in covers of a woman holding a flower.

I've got covers of women holding weapons of all kinds: swords, guns, bow and arrow, daggers, and so on.  I've got covers of women and girls holding books, women holding shoes, women holding jewelry, women holding staffs and wands or candles, women holding their own dresses...  I've got a ton of romances with a woman holding a man, or a woman holding a man's hand.  I've even got a cover of a woman holding a trowel, a woman holding a pair of scissors, or a little girl holding a pig.

But enough about that.  I eventually DID find a good number of books where a woman is holding a flower, or a bunch of flowers.

I might have taken a slight stretch with Origin, but I always saw the cover as the silhouette of a young girl, who is coincidentally holding a flower.  Set Me Free's cover has a young woman holding a picture of flowers, so that works, right?  The other three are a bit more obvious.

Book Task

Read a book with candles on the cover or the word “candle” or “light” in the title; OR a book that is the latest in a series; OR set in India; OR any non-fiction book that is ‘illuminating’ (Diwali is Sanskrit for light/knowledge and row, line or series)

I'm considering reading one of Tessa Dare's newest releases, The Governess Game, which is her latest installment of Girl Meets Duke.  I have another two books I could use for this task as well, including Dim Sum of All Fears by Vivien Chien, the most recent installment available of her Noodle Shop Mystery series; and The Woman Left Behind by Linda Howard, the latest installment of her GO-Team series, which really hadn't been a series when I read the first book.  I'm still awaiting my wait list library copy for The Woman Left Behind, though...

Source: http://anicheungbookabyss.blogspot.com/2018/11/24-festive-tasks-door-4-diwali.html