Ten Authors I REALLY Want to Meet
I figure this list is as good as naming some favorite authors, because I've never really given too much thought to actually meeting them. But then I read about someone's trip to BEA and how she was able to meet Maggie Stiefvater and I felt a bit jealous. So maybe there ARE author's I'd like to meet.
If only because I'd like the fifteen second chance to tell them how much I love their books and their writing styles and their wit and humor... and other things.
1. J.K. Rowling -- Two words. Queen Rowling.
2. Maggie Stiefvater -- I'd like to think that having a conversation with Maggie would be as much fun as reading her news/blog posts and her books. She's got a natural comedic wit to her words that you can't help but be charmed by.
3. Julie James -- As one of my auto-buy, auto-READ-RIGHT-NOW! authors, I would definitely love to meet Julie James. Maybe hear from her, personally, how she made the jump from lawyer to writer and tell her how much fun I have reading her books.
4. Kasie West -- I love her books and I love the dry humor she infuses into her characters and I love that a lot of her characters are nerdy types and so I would love to meet her.
5. Dean Koontz -- As one of my all time favorite authors, I felt he needed to be on this list.
I suppose a list of five is better than nothing. I might as well have skipped this week's Top Ten Tuesday since it feels so skimpy. Ah well.