Top Ten Tuesdays is an original and weekly feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

Top Ten Inspiring Quotes from Books

I can't say that I've found quotes that are extremely inspiring.  A lot of times I highlight quotes and dialogue in the books I read because they stand out for one reason or another.  A lot of other times, they're just really witty one-liners that made me smile or laugh out loud.

I really doubt the legitimacy of how inspiring I found a lot of these quotes, but they were certainly some of my favorites.

"I solemnly swear that I am up to no good."

-- From Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

by J.K. Rowling

"'Begin at the beginning,' the King said, very gravely, 'and go on till you come to the end: then stop.'"

-- From Alice in Wonderland

by Lewis Carroll

"My mama used to say, 'Are you sad?  Then just wait a minute.'"

-- Dashti from Book of a Thousand Days

by Shannon Hale

"Silence was never a wrong answer."

-- From The Dream Thieves

by Maggie Stiefvater

"A lot of people don't get my humor.  My mom calls it dry humor.  I think that means 'not funny', but it also means I'm the only one who ever knows it's a joke."

-- Caymen from The Distance Between Us

by Kasie West

"I don't care when people think I'm an antisocial, controlling bookworm because that's what I am.  It's when they interpret me wrong that I have a problem."

-- Addie from Pivot Point

by Kasie West

"You have a big decision and it will not make itself."

-- From The Raven Boys

by Maggie Stiefvater

"My words are unerring tools of destruction, and I've come unequipped with the ability to disarm them."

-- Gansey from The Raven Boys

by Maggie Stiefvater

"She wasn't interested in telling other people's futures.  She was interested in going out and finding her own."

-- From The Raven Boys

by Maggie Stiefvater

"I'm perfectly capable of being stupid on my own."

-- Alina from Siege and Storm

by Leigh Bardugo

-- Honorable Mentions --

"My bookcase is all yours."

"I've just decided that those are my favorite five words in the world."

-- (Trevor and Addie) From Pivot Point -- Kasie West

"It takes at least three assassination attempts to scare me off.  And even then, if there are baked goods involved, I might come back."

-- (Wesley Ayers)From The Archived -- Victoria Schwab

"Fairy's Side Note:

Mortal girls will overlook a piñata full of faults if a guy is considerate enough to be handsome."

-- (Chrysanthemum Everstar) From My Unfair Godmother -- Janette Rallison

"Dreaming led to disappointment, and disappointment to a kind of depressed funk that wasn't easy to shake.  Better to stay in the gray than get eaten by the dark."

-- (Ruby) From The Darkest Minds -- Alexandra Bracken

"You know how sometimes you tell yourself that you have a choice, but really you don't have a choice?  Just because there are alternatives doesn't mean they apply to you."

-- (Cassie) From The Fifth Wave -- Rick Yancey

"I think it's very healthy to spend time alone.  You need to know how to be alone and not be defined by another person."

-- Oscar Wilde

I also wanted to include a quote from a K-drama series I especially liked:

"Do You know what I mean by 'we're all human'?

We all become the same thing when we die."

-- (Arang) From Arang and the Magistrate -- 2012 Korean Television Drama