Top Ten Tuesdays is an original and weekly feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

Top Ten Books You Would Classify As ALL TIME FAVORITE BOOKS

from the past 3 years

(you can extend it to 5 if you need to)

I actually DO have a list of ALL TIME FAVORITE BOOKS... but a lot of them were books I read a long time ago... or rather, before this interesting 3 to 5 year cut-off.  It takes a while for me to determine whether or not a book becomes an ALL TIME FAVORITE, and then sometimes certain books just click for me--I can already name at least three that will definitely go on my ALL TIME FAVORITE list.

In the meantime, however, a lot of books I've read recently are really just CURRENT FAVORITES, which means I'm not certain whether or not I'll still love it after a few years have past.  I may still be of the impression that I love it, but the idea of re-reading it doesn't cross my mind, and honestly, wanting to re-read a book years later is one of the criteria for ALL TIME FAVORITE BOOK in my own weird personal listing.

So we'll see if these ALL TIME FAVORITE BOOKS (but really just CURRENTLY OBSESSED WITH FAVORITE BOOKS) listed below will still be on my list in the future.

Nonetheless, here is a list of all the books I have fallen in love with that have potential to become an ALL TIME FAVORITE, as well as some books that may have already become an ALL TIME FAVORITE, but I just haven't admitted it yet.

Also, I'm not sure if we're going with books published within the last three to five years, or just books I've read in the past three to five years without regard to publication date.  So what I'm going to do is randomly list a few based on publication date, and then just list a few that I just happened to have read in the past three to five years.

The Raven Cycle series by Maggie Stiefvater

The Raven Boys

The Dream Thieves

Blue Lily, Lily Blue

This one was a given.  Anyone who's been following my reading knows that I would love to marry Maggie's magical writing creations, make love to all of her books, and live Happily Ever After with Gansey.

Obviously when her last Raven Cycle book comes out, we're going to run away together into paradise.

Pivot Point by Kasie West

The Archived by Victoria Schwab

These were two books on my Top Ten list of books I read in 2013 before I even started making Top Ten lists.  In fact, I believe these two books were at the very top of my list alongside the only two Maggie Stiefvater Raven Cycle books published by 2013.

Kasie West's Pivot Point gave me quite the surprise with it's creative split narration of Addie's two different paths taking place simultaneously as the book moved forward, as well as a good dose of dry humor, and a quietly bittersweet conclusion.

Victoria Schwab's The Archived is an urban fantasy written excellently with inspiring ideals behind it's story line as well as lining up all the perfect elements that hit all the right spots for me, personally.

two books from the FBI/US Attorney series by Julie James

A Lot Like Love (Book #2)

Love Irresistibly (Book #4)

Wittily crafted characters and a great sense of humor go a long way to making love a book.  Julie James is one of my favorite Contemporary Romance authors if only because her idea of funny is right along the same lines as mine.  On top of that, she's got a great set of mature, intelligent adult characters dotting her books that helps make a formulaic romance so much more enjoyable.

While I got into Julie James because of the first two books, which were also the Romantic Suspense type, I ended up enjoying the rest of her books for the laughs and the lovely people.  Sure, they sometimes come off way too beautiful and way too perfect and way too high society and way too celebrity status, but Julie James is a pleasure read and I simply love her books as they are.

She's Got the Look by Leslie Kelly (Walker Brothers #2)

Whisper No Lies by Cindy Gerard (Black Ops, Inc. #3)

I actually have enjoyed every book written by these two authors and could probably add a number of them to my ALL TIME FAVORITES list.  But that would make this current list too long.  So I decided to choose my favorite book written by both authors to include in this list.

She's Got the Look by Leslie Kelly is one of my more favorite Contemporary Romances for reasons I probably don't even understand.  I just know that the story was witty in its own way with a few strange twists, the characters were created lovely and the romance was all fuzzy adorbs with sweet sunshine and it hit all the right spots.

As recent reviews written will tell many people, I am in love with Johnny Duane Reed and Crystal "Tinkerbell" Debrowski.  They are my favorite two people of any of Cindy Gerard's romantic suspense series, both as individuals and together as a couple.  So Whisper No Lies is definitely my top Cindy Gerard book.  To be fair, I love a lot of Cindy Gerard characters and her other books too, almost just as much.

The Silkworm by Robert Galbraith (Cormoran Strike #2)

It's surprising how you can love an author for a completely different genre and story type, then not really care much for the first book of a new genre type written by the same author, then turn around and love the second book so much more.  When I found out that J.K. Rowlings had written The Cuckoo's Calling under a pseudonym, I jumped on that wagon so fast (well, as fast as my library's waiting list would allow me).

But I didn't really care for The Cuckoo's Calling and thought that it was mediocre book among its genre type despite how well written it is.  But since the book was still enjoyable, I decided to give The Silkworm a go when it was published... and for whatever reason, I just loved The Silkworm.

I couldn't tell you why this happened.  It just did.

-- Several Honorable Mentions --

(because I can)

Split Second by Kasie West (Pivot Point #2)

The Distance Between Us by Kasie West

The Unbound by Victoria Schwab (The Archived #2)

Leave the Window Open by Victoria Schwab (The Archived novella - no cover)

Seraphina by Rachel Hartman (Serephina #1)

Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo (The Grisha #1)

Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers (His Fair Assassin #1)

Fire and Thorns trilogy by Rae Carson

The Burning Sky

The Perilous Sea

by Maria V. Snyder

Poison Study (Study #1)

Touch of Power (Healer #1)

The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer

Cinder

Scarlet

The Little Android (short story)

The Book Thief by Markus Zusak

To the Limit by Cindy Gerard (Bodyguards #2)

Over the Line by Cindy Gerard (Bodyguards #4)

Hard Evidence by Pamela Clare (I-Team #2)

Unlawful Contact by Pamela Clare (I-Team #3)

Waking the Dead by Kylie Brant (Mindhunters #3)

Deadly Dreams by Kylie Brant (Mindhunters #5)

***

I had so many other books I wanted to add to this list, if only because I'm currently obsessing over them and would re-read them in a heartbeat given the time and the right mood.  In fact, I often like to go back and re-read certain scenes or quotes or whatnot because they were some of my favorite scenes in some of these books... as well as others I had to cut out of the list.

Give me a Top One Hundred option and I'm sure I'll do much better.  For now, I'll settle for an overly extended Honorable Mentions list.

However, being able to stand the test of time and multiple re-reads is certainly a criteria for my ALL TIME FAVORITE BOOKS list.  But this place isn't the post for those books that have already found a spot on that list.

In other words, we'll see if the above listed books will still be a part of my ALL TIME FAVORITES list a few years from now.