Top Ten Tuesdays is an original and weekly feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

I skipped last week's Top Ten Tuesday because it was a Freebie topic and I couldn't think of a good one to use.  So I figured that I would give myself a break.  With so much going on in Real Life as well as all the reading I've been engrossed in, I had no motivation to find a topic.

I had wanted to skip this week's topic as well, but decided to just go ahead and throw one out there for it.

Top Ten Books I'd Love to Read With My Book Club/ If I Had a Book Club

Needless to say, I already have a somewhat of a Mini Book Club with one of my best friends, granted the book club isn't really flowing so well right now.  And I have imaginings of starting a whole other book club with some other friends... though that's only been a passing thought.

To me, a Book Club (yes, in capitals) is a means by which I can make myself read books that have pinged on my radar, but probably wouldn't just randomly pick up on a whim without some push.  And not even with all of my Reading Challenges have I inserted these particular books either.  It's a matter of having someone else read the same book that somehow motivates me into wanting to finally pick up the book and read it.

Of course these are books I do want to read; but there are hundreds of books out there that I want to read and I make my choices dependent on mood and interest.  And while these books have interested me in some form before, the mood has never been quite right.

My list is pretty large of books I figure would make a good Book Club book, and so narrowing the list down to ten wasn't easy.  (Are these Top Ten lists ever easy?)

So the following list compiled have no particular rhyme or reason other than the fact that, some of them are books I am VERY interested in reading but haven't gotten around to reading, a few are books that just sound like a good Book Club book (if for no other reason), and some of the books have already been nominated as a possible Book Club read by myself and my BFF.

The Ghost Bride by Yangsze Choo

The Distant Hours by Kate Morton

A Tale For the Time Being by Ruth Ozeki

My BFF and I stumbled across The Ghost Bride during one of our Mini Book Club meetings and decided it would make a good choice.  The Distant Hours was chosen by BFF.  A Tale For the Time Being was one I have an interest in.

The Black Dahlia by James Ellroy

False Memory by Dean Koontz

Both The Black Dahlia and False Memory are my choices for book club.  My BFF consents, but has not made a decision of "Yay" or "Nay", so they continue to sit as possibilities.

Let's Pretend This Never Happened by Jenny Lawson

The Strange Library by Haruki Murakami

I somehow managed to talk my BFF into saying "yes" to Let's Pretend This Never Happened.  Apparently she was as amused by the cover with the rat as I was.  And I have not run The Strange Library by her yet, but I'm sure I can convince her it'll be a good choice.

Hello, I Love You by Katie M. Stout

The Thirteenth Princess by Diane Zahler

Book of a Thousand Days by Shannon Hale

Hello, I Love You and The Thirteenth Princess are also pre-chosen Mini Book Club nominees.  Book of a Thousand Days is merely a book that we both really, really love and would probably both read again just for the sake of reading it for a Book Club selection.

***

It's a strange mish-mash of books chosen for a Book Club, but we aren't too particular on what we become interested in.  It's getting around to actually reading those books that's the difficult part.

Sometimes I just feel like there isn't enough time in the world to finish all the books I would love to read.