A Thousand Pieces of You - Claudia Gray

I've been looking forward to this book for the most shallow reason anyone looks forward to a book: The cover is awesome!

Of course, the summary had a little to do with my interest as well, but the cover reveal cemented my deep want to read this book.

Science fiction isn't my favorite genre, but I still like it enough for certain topics to pique my interest.  And although I'm usually pretty fascinated by a lot of things science fiction, it's not the first genre I typically choose to read.  And then add onto that, the fact that parallel dimensions plot devices are typically not one of the easiest topics to tackle (like time travel).

I'm already wary about some of the things mentioned in the first chapter... so barring my insufficient knowledge of this topic, I'm at least hoping the book itself will be good as whole.  Just from the summary blurb alone, I can already predict a lot of what will go down in the rest of the story.

The reviews I've seen by trusted bloggers don't look too promising either, but that's never something I base my own enjoyment of a book on.  However, when a book is blurbed as being an "epic new trilogy by New York Times bestselling author" as well as making it's comparisons with other well-known books out there such as Every Day and Cloud Atlas (even if I haven't read said books), it tends to make one even more wary.

The last time I read a book with a hard to tackle science fiction plot device--time traveling--it didn't turn out very well.  So I'm crossing my fingers and hoping for the best with this one.