But for this summer duration of June 17th to September 8th, our hosts are throwing out the normal rules!
Click on this link to sign up or read about COYER Summer 2017.
An Overall Summary for Ani's COYER
I'm going to call it quits a few days early for COYER this year. I think I've hit all I can hit for my Summer Reading List, and with Halloween Bingo starting up, I'm having trouble multi-tasking both of these challenges. I'm really just too eager to dive into my Halloween Bingo reads, so much so that I'm not even glancing at my COYER reading list anymore to see what else I should try to read.
Anyway, I still feel like I've gotten quite a bit accomplished. I read 23 books total for the overall challenge, including books I added after each five books I finished reading. 16 books were part of the original thirty, and if I only count the original thirty books that started the reading list, I've at least accomplished reading a little over 50% of my list. Even as a total, I've finished reading a little over 50%.
It's not the goal I had in mind, but it's still a pretty good accomplishment, I feel, to have been able to knock 23 books off of my "already owned" bookshelves, both digital and physical. On top of that, I've reached my Mount TBR Challenge goal of reading 36 books on my "already owned" bookshelves for this year.
A list of all the books I had wanted to read, with links to all my reviews can be found below.
Overall, I think COYER was a great success for me this year--what with my "Laid Back Reading Plans" and all, I think I kept up pretty well.
Until next year! Because I normally only participate in the summer COYERs since they're the more laid back ones.
Other Related Update Posts
Ani's COYER Summer Reading List
See Also: COYER Summer Reading List @ GR
See Also: COYER Summer Reading List current review link-up page
Progress: 23 books read
- Going Rogue by Robin Benway
- Secret Agent Secretary by Melissa Cutler -- 6/29/2017
- Hot on the Hunt by Melissa Cutler -- 7/8/2017
- Behind the Scenes by Natalie J. Damschroder -- 8/23/2017
- Secrets by Cynthia Eden
- Suspicions by Cynthia Eden
- The Manhattan Encounter by Addison Fox -- 6/25/2017
- Hot Mess by Lynn Raye Harris -- 8/25/2017
- Hot Package by Lynn Raye Harris -- 8/27/2017
- SEAL's Honor by Elle James
- On the Loose by Tara Janzen -- 7/27/2017
- Cutting Loose by Tara Janzen -- 7/29/2017
- The Mysterious Twin by Leona Karr -- 6/23/2017
- Cold Memory by Leslie A. Kelly -- 7/31/2017
- Pushing the Lines by Kimberly Kincaid -- 6/27/2017
- Skin Deep by Kimberly Kincaid
- Midnight Exposure by Melinda Leigh
- Night Diver by Elizabeth Lowell -- 7/9/2017
- The First Victim by J.B. Lynn
- Thicker Than Water by Maggie Shayne -- 8/9/2017
- The Littlest Cowboy by Maggie Shayne
- The Law of Attraction by N.M. Silber -- DNF'd on 7/20/2017
- Her Fierce Warrior by Paige Tyler
- Heat Wave anthology - Stephanie Bond, Heidi Betts, Leslie Kelly -- 7/27/2017
- That's Amore anthology - Janelle Denison, Tori Carrington, Leslie Kelly
- Bare Essentials duo-story anthology - Jill Shalvis, Leslie Kelly -- 8/14/2017
- Night Driving by Lori Wilde
- Smooth Sailing by Lori Wilde
- Crash Landing by Lori Wilde
- Part Time Cowboy by Maisey Yates
The Add Five After Reading Five List:
(Added on 7/8/2017)
- Loose and Easy by Tara Janzen -- 8/1/2017
- Breaking Loose by Tara Janzen -- 8/4/2017
- Loose Ends by Tara Janzen -- 8/6/2017
- Ghost Horse by Patricia Rosemoor
- Fire and Ice by Julie Garwood
(Added on 7/29/2017)
- Dear Maggie by Brenda Novak
- Just Past Midnight by Amanda Stevens
- The Trouble With Mistletoe by Jill Shalvis -- 8/15/2017
- One Snowy Night by Jill Shalvis -- 8/17/2017
- Accidentally on Purpose by Jill Shalvis
(Added on 8/9/2017)
- One Night With Her Boss by Noelle Adams -- 8/14/2017
- Irresistible Force by D.D. Ayers
- Hit and Run by Allison Brennan and Laura Griffin
- Wild Wicked Scot by Julia London
- Her Special Alpha by Paige Tyler -- 8/25/2017
As of 8/23/2017 -- As the end of COYER Summer Vacation draws near, I've decided to stop adding books to my COYER list and try to focus on what I have left instead. I haven't been getting through these books very quickly anyway, so we'll leave it at that.
(Note, as of 7/20/17, I have removed the spinny wheel. It has not really been helping me any.)